Tuesday, December 8, 2009

.
.
Best Days of My Life
Posted December 7, 2009

Last week was quite a long week for Jordyn. She was admitted back into the hospital for a fever, last Monday, which turned into a deep soft tissue infection. Because the infection was near her Pic line site (infusion access) the docs decided that the best thing along with yet more antibiotics would be to remove the line, wait a couple days, and have another line placed into the opposite arm.

Last night we were able to come back home which was great. This morning her home health nurse came to draw some labs which landed us back into the Jimmy Fund Clinic at Dana Farber for a platelet transfusion which lead to another long day for Jordyn. We arrived back home this evening a bit past 7pm and at the same time sissy Taylor was arriving back home from basketball with Mr. Fosher. Jordyn was thrilled to be able to see him again and say a quick hello. She loves him along with his great thin mint candies. For those of you who don't know Mr Fosher...he was Jordyn's principal last year who has an unlimited supply of thin mints in his office. Now what kid wouldn't want to be sent to this principals office??? ha ha

Needless to say coming home late runs me behind all of Jordyn's meds and iv hook-ups which will land me in bed late. I sit here and watch my princess Jordyn sleep. I think of all our long days of laughter, of pain, of meds, of hospital stays, of running to the clinics for blood and platelets, her new NG feeding tube she also had placed while in the hospital, etc, etc. I am not writing this for pitty....far from pitty is what I would want.....I am writing it in a sense of no matter how crazy our lives seem from the outside.....I sit and cherish it....I sit and think tonight of how lucky I am to have such a life with my family and my children....I sit and think to myself.....These are the Best Days of My Life!

Jordyn always says when she is having a rough day...Don't worry, tomorrow is a better day! Now how could I not sit here and be able to cuddle her and really say....definately... the best days of my life!

2 comments:

  1. I truly thought of you all the while as I was walking in the Exeter Christmas Parade wearing your yellow bracelet. I couldn't help but remember the time my brother came home from Boston and into the old Portsmouth Hosp. We were too small to go to his room so we sat out by the playground and waved to hime as my mother held his hand. I know it made him feel better and it also gave us a chance to see him again. We love you and we are working twice as hard to raise money for research and cancer awareness. My brother was one of the first to be diagnosed in 1963 and being here with you has helped me to hang in there. We are all praying for you and love you dearly. We are having a Valentine's Dance in Feb. to raise money. Hope to see you soon and your wonderful BFF. May God Bless You: Seabrook ON-T.R.A.A.C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good stories~~ Thanks for ur sharing~~!! ........................................

    ReplyDelete